Friday, April 3, 2009

I guess I'm done with this after all

I'd meant to keep this blog as a record of the creative process. I posted a couple interesting things about what I'm trying to do with the epic, but it's time to stop kidding myself.

After neglecting the work for a long time, I'm busy with it. The noble Sachio of Philadelphia is reading it (it's roughly 450 single-spaced pages and about 9700 lines). Some friends of his are interested in the work, so there will be some sharing. I've posted two excerpts on poetry forums, which I hadn't done before. No one replied with anything useful; in fact there have been extremely few responses at all, even though I'd critiqued other poems previously, as etiquette requires.

There's no point in maintaining this blog, but I'll leave it up: a cairn and a beacon.

No comments: